Tuesday 5 May 2009

JAIPUR


I'm sorry I hadn't posted new articles, but I didn't feel like doing it by myself!

As Edwina is the one to know everything about India, I felt like I didn't have the pretention to write about something I didn't know.
.

I had some news of Edwina saying that she was fine and that se was having a great time in India!
But she won't send any photo, I believe it is because she doesn't have a free access to internet.
.
.
This is a photo which reminds me of the great times we had in Jaipur, our last stop before going back to France =(

Jaipur जयपुर is a pretty city also called the Pink City. Contrary to the other Indian towns, it is quite recent (1727).

During our stay, we visited many temples and palaces and we even visited a Museum, The Albert Hall Museum, which was very interesting.

The photo above shows the Hawa Mahal हवा महल , a palace built in 1799. It is made of red and pink sandstone and the side facing the street outside the palace has 953 small windows!! an anecdote says that it was originally built to allow royal ladies to observe everyday life in the street without being seen!!

Anyway we have a great time on an elephant! Edwina wasn't scared at all compared to me!
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment