Wednesday 11 March 2009

DELHI


Let's have fun now!!!!!! It's time for SHOPPING, guys!!!!! :-D

We reached the Janpath Market situated opposite the Connaught Place. It's one place in Delhi when you can find a lot of foreign shoppers (maybe more than indian ones).


We wanted to buy some souvenirs for our family. It was very interesting to look at all the amazing stuff we could get there: Decorative items, jewellery, Indian artifacts and carpets , ethnic dresses!!! Hummmmmm.......!!!!! I bought silver jewellery especially bangles, leather footwears, one blue and yellow sari (an indian traditional dress) and of course some Bollywood DVD's!!!!!. Caroline rather bought decorative things such as genie's lamp, Rajasthan color paintings and a beautiful wooden carving jewel box for her Mum!!! She's so sweet!!!!!


One interesting thing about it: In this market (just like lots of markets in India), the "law' is to bargain as much as you can!!!!There's no limit!! That was very funny!! We used many tricks!!! Caroline is gifted for bargaining!!! Thanks to her bright and beautiful smile, we managed to get good things at very low prices!!!! :-)


One little advice if you want to bargain: Don't feel shy and never give up!!! ;-)




These women sell many beautiful clothes in the Janpath Market! We got very fashion dresses there at very good prices!! Anyway as you know, the more you buy the more you can bring the price down!!








2 comments:

  1. I am sure I would enjoy this market. It seems to be colourful and alive ! I would be tempted to buy lots of things. It reminds me the markets in Asia. I travelled in Vietnam et Cambodia where I found colourful and original items to buy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it reminds me a bit of markets in HK - but I imagine the traditional stuff on sale to be quite different. It has absolutely no similarity with the new "Carrefour Market" near my house...

    ReplyDelete